Manufacturer's Unlimited New Passenger Vehicle Warranty
"MAZDA MOTORS OF NEW ZEALAND LIMITED" ("Mazda") warrants that if within 5 years/unlimited kilometres* from the date of first registration, any part of the vehicle is found to be defective due to:
What Your Warranty Covers
3 Year New Vehicle Warranty
Mazda warranty covers almost everything except the items listed below.
Mazda Motors of NZ limited and authorised Mazda Dealers may not be liable under the terms of this warranty where:
Wheel balancing or alignment is required after 1,500km, or one month from the date of registration
Normal regular service components, including friction items such as brake shoes, pads, clutch discs etc.
Repairs related to environmental conditions such chemical or industrial fallout, coastal exposure, tree sap, bird droppings and damage due to stone chipping.
Repairs necessary due to aftermarket performance enhancements or use of other than Mazda Genuine Parts.
Failures result from the use of contaminated fuel or use of inappropriate specification fuel, lubricants or coolants.
Normal wear and tear, including interior surfaces, upholstery or paint.
Failure to adequately care for and maintain the vehicle as described in the Owner’s Manual.
Damage or failure has been caused by faulty workmanship from a previous repair.
Alteration of the vehicle in an attempt to defraud, or the vehicle has been de-registered at any time due to damage.
Tyres are subjected to damage or wear, except where warranted by the tyre manufacturer concerned (If defects are found in tyres you may contact your Mazda Dealer who will assist you to make a claim).
Loss of use of the vehicle or any consequential loss, damage or expense arising directly or indirectly from a defect.
2 Year Major Component & Safety System Warranty Extension
This Warranty commences from the expiry date of the 3 Year New Vehicle Warranty.
In addition to the above warranty exclusions the Major Component & Safety System Warranty covers almost everything except the items listed below.
Body Trims (both internal & external)
Lamps (including bulbs, both internal & external)
Batteries (main starting and keyless remote batteries)
Friction parts (Brake pads, and brake shoes / brake disc / Clutch)
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Except where the buyer has acquired the goods for the purpose of a "business" as defined in Section 2 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nothing in the above shall affect or limit the rights of the buyer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and this warranty shall in all respects be subject to the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply where the buyer acquires the goods for the purposes of a "business".
What Your Warranty Means
Mazda Motors of New Zealand Limited through authorised Mazda Dealers, provides warranty cover against product failure, excluding fair wear and tear. Providing the vehicle has been used in the normal manner and serviced in accordance with the schedule prescribed, this warranty extends for 5 years/unlimited kilometres from the date of first registration. For Commercial vehicles Warranty is limited to 3 years or 150,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first).
Any defect must be reported to your authorised Mazda dealer immediately after its discovery within the warranty period, and the vehicle must be made available for repair at the place of business of the Dealer as soon as possible.
The Warranty protects against the possibility of faulty materials. Parts and labour costs related to the required regular maintenance services as outlined in this Handbook are at the owner's expense, unless the vehicle falls within mazdacare's Genuine Standard Scheduled Servicing Programme.
What Your Warranty Covers
Mazda warranty covers almost everything except:
- Wheel balancing and alignment after 1,500km, or one month from the date of registration.
- Normal regular maintenance services including engine tune-ups and general tightening, and replacement of service items such as spark plugs, filters, light bulbs, wiper blades, drive belts, brake shoes and pads, clutch discs, lubricants and coolants, unless required due to defective materials and/or assembly.
- Repairs related to environmental conditions such as stone chipping, tree sap, salt, hail, storm damage, chemicals, industrial fall-out and bird droppings.
- Repairs necessary due to the use of parts other than Mazda Genuine Parts, or the use of fuel, lubricants or fluids not recommended by Mazda.
- Replacement or repair of tyres except where warranted by the tyre manufacturer concerned (If defects are found in tyres you may contact your Mazda dealer who will assist you to make a claim).
- Normal wear and tear on interior surfaces, upholstery or paint.
- Appearance Care as described in the Owner's Manual.
- Damage or failures resulting from misuse, accident, theft or fire.
- Loss of use of the vehicle or any consequential loss, damage or expense arising directly or indirectly from a defect.
Your authorised Mazda dealer may not be liable under the terms of this warranty where:
- The vehicle has been subject to extraordinary use in any way.
- The vehicle has been damaged due to neglect, accident, faulty repairs or misuse.
- The repair or replacement is necessary as a result of normal wear and tear.
- The odometer reading on the vehicle has been changed in any way such that the kilometres travelled cannot be accurately determined.
- The vehicle has not been maintained according to recommended Mazda maintenance schedules.
- The vehicle has been altered by the removal or change of the manufacturer's identification number or marks.
- Non-authorised vehicle modifications have been made.
- The vehicle has been de-registered at any time due to damage.
**Includes driving over curbs, overloading, racing, etc. Proper usage is described in your Owner's Manual.
This warranty is applicable to Mazda vehicles registered and normally operated in New Zealand.