Mazda On Call Roadside Assistance
Mazda On Call
As part of the Mazdacare package, we’ve included 5 years/unlimited kilometres Mazda On Call Roadside Assistance, on all Passenger vehicles, as well as 3 years/unlimited km's on your BT-50. That’s part of our worry-free motoring experience.
In the text below we explain what Mazda On Call covers and how you can utilise our support any time 24 hours, 7 days a week , 365 days a year.
How to Get Help
Call us free, any time, day or night – 0800 800 626
- Mazda On Call is valid for 5 years, unlimited kilometres, from the first date of registration for all new passenger Mazda vehicles, or 3 years/unlimited km's on all new BT-50.
- Mazda On Call applies to the vehicle, not the owner. Your partner, children or anyone else authorised by you to drive the Mazda can utilise our service.
- Should you sell your Mazda, the new owner can enjoy Mazda On Call’s protection for the remainder of the term.
- Free phone (0800) 800 626 from any telephone in New Zealand, no matter how far you are from home.
- Simply give us your Mazda plate number and what assistance you require.
What does Mazda On Call Roadside Assistance cover?
- Flat battery or tyre? Lost your keys or locked them in your Mazda? We will immediately send a mobile service vehicle to your aid.
- Run out of fuel? We will give you 5 litres of fuel at no charge.
The mobile service vehicle can’t fix the problem? Both you and your vehicle will be taken to the nearest approved Mazda service or repair centre.
- Away from home and your Mazda needs attention? We can put you in contact with (or provide directions to) the nearest Mazda dealership for any of your parts or service enquiries.
- Need help in relation to the vehicle operation, any safety warning lights that may appear or technical and mechanical information regarding the vehicle, the Mazda On Call team are available 24/7 to help.
- If your Mazda is immobilised over 100k from home, for more than 24 hours due to a warrantable defect, we will provide either a rental car (to $300 excluding gst. Fuel and insurance are the responsibility of the driver), or up to 2 nights’ accommodation (to $300 excluding gst. Room charge only. Meals and incidental charges are not covered).
- If you continue your journey or return home while your Mazda is being repaired, we will transport your vehicle to you (or you to your vehicle) at no cost.
Accidents and Theft
Stolen or Damaged Vehicles
- If your Mazda is stolen or damaged in an accident, we will advise you on how to deal with the police, insurance and finance companies.
- We can notify towing services and arranged for a taxi, rental car, or emergency accommodation where required. (Cost of taxi, rental and accommodation not covered).
- Emergency contact - In the event of a breakdown or accident, the Mazda On Call team can connect your call to family members, friends or business associates to notify them of any possible delays.
- Windscreen/glass repair or replacement – Mazda On Call will refer the owner/driver to the nearest Mazda dealership or automotive glass specialist repairer to arrange the repair or replacement.
- If you require legal advice relating to a motoring incident, Mazda On Call will transfer you to your legal advisor (free of charge)
Accommodation and Medical Aid
New Zealand Accommodation
- If you are traveling around New Zealand, we can provide details and make bookings* at a selection of New Zealand accommodation providers.
- Should you need medical aid while away from home, we can provide details of the nearest suitable facility.
Disrupted Travel Plans
- If unforeseen events force you to rearrange your travel plans, we can re-book accommodation, flights or other transport as required.
Mazda On Call Exclusions
- Vehicles used in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration testing or any practice thereof.
- Claims arising from the loss or damage to the contents of the vehicle.
- Claims arising from damage caused through forced entry in an attempt to recover locked keys, whereby the owner/driver has been fully briefed on the situation by Mazda On Call staff or the provider in attendance, and the owner/driver has subsequently agreed to indemnify Mazda, against any damage cause during entry.
- Claims arising from a recurring electrical or mechanical failure resulting from improper maintenance or servicing where a known fault and repair has been neglected. Associated costs may be included with the repair of the vehicle.
- A situation where the vehicle is disabled by floods, snow affected roads, or is not accessible to other adverse conditions.**
- Vehicles being bogged in off road conditions and not easily accessible by normal two wheel drive recovery vehicles. **
- Vehicles being located off public roads (other than private residence), not accessible by normal two wheels drive recovery vehicle.
- Vehicles exceeding 3.5 tonnes in laden weight.
- Vehicle has been left unattended.
- Vehicles modified from standard manufactures specification.
- Vehicles other than those confirmed as covered by the Mazda On Call programme.
- Vehicles not displaying a current motor vehicle registration certificate and warrant of fitness.
- If at the time of breakdown the vehicle was towing a caravan, boat or trailer this vehicle will be towed or transported to the nearest place of storage and safety. Towing and storage costs will be the responsibility of the owner.
All specifications and details described above are subject to change without notice and may vary.
*Mazda On Call cannot accept responsibility if you choose an establishment that does not meet your requirement.
**Costs relating to specialised equipment used to access the vehicle shall been at the owner/drivers expense.